Monday, March 3, 2008

What's next?

I'm really getting bored of the $5.50 rebuy satellites. I have a 50% cash rate and roi > 70% in them. The variance is about as low as any poker game could be. I have not gone longer then 7 matches without a cash in 250+ overall matches. Anyone reading this that would like to pick my brain on strategy for them is more than welcome to. They are great for BR building at a slow and steady pace. I have looked up many regulars in the pokerdb and have found that I cash a higher percentage then any of them. I must do something right but I think I need to move on.

The Sunday million also has a whole whack of satellites and I might attempt a few of them. The $36 rebuy is the same format as the $5.50r so I believe my strategy would be the same and it might be fun to try them. I even think they are within my BR.

I have also played a few dozen $12 45 man sng's, mostly 3 tabling, and find them much more interesting then the 9 man's. The full gambit of MTT strategies come into play during the various stages of the game. More importantly, for my bankroll, is the fact the bubble play is terrible. The $16 9 man turbos are what I use to rack up FPP pts at the end of the month to maintain silver star status but I find them mind numbing to some extent and 6-8 tabling them hurts my clicking finger!

I think that the 45 man's might be my next game with a few higher stake satellites. The WSOP satellites are running now and that has caught my interest. Not sure to what extent but I'm thinking about it.

Oh and I'm waiting on my first Stars cheque!

1 comment:

Joe_Dirt_50 said...

Well done bud. I for one can contest to your strategy on the satty's as I too have taken your advice and continue to grow my br at an extraordinary Pace. In the last two weeks I have re-cooped my entire investment into the game and for the first time began to see a profit at this game.

Like you said just today, these satty's are like printing your own money day after day. Although I hope the secret doesn't go main stream for some time now, I do feel that there is plenty of room for tremendous number of players to get on a continuous cash flow playing these satty's.

Thanks ever so much brother for showing me the way. I could not have achieved anywhere close to the success that I am currently experiencing without the thousands of hours of expert advice I have received from you bud. I will never ever forget what you have done and continue to do for me and my poker skills.

You are a true ambassador of the game bud and as promised I will pay it forward when ever I can...

Joe Dirt