Saturday, March 1, 2008

PokerStars Support disagreement

I have had no complaints at all with support at Stars. They have investigated obvious collusion for me and refunded me buyins based on their findings. They have answered my emails promptly and with relevant responses.

I recently had a disagreement with them. I was playing in a 180 man tournament and was in 2nd place with 20 people remaining. Stars had technical issues and the game froze. They had an announcement on their site regarding the issues they were having and had stopped any further games from starting. I emailed them asking what was up and they quickly responded that they were having issues. I eventually signed off expecting to get a reimbursement of some sort. Next day I asked them about the tournament in question because I had not received anything for it yet I did for another game I was playing at the time.

A few emails later after they sent me the HH for the game I noticed that they restarted the game 2 hours after it froze. A few people reconnected but the majority were sitting out. The game ended, I blinded out in 6th place for less money then if they had done a chip/chop as they did in the other game that froze on me at the same time.

Once I had that information I just knew they would make it right. Nope, they said the game completed and that no further compensation was warranted. Crazy. It eventually got resolved and I had an email conversation with 'Scotty' that posts for Stars on 2+2 and P5's sometimes. He admitted that it was not handled correctly and that he would let the PokerRoom manager know.

Full thread: http://www.pocketfives.com/E9E42BA0-08E1-4485-95AD-7441591E74C9.aspx

No comments: