Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend wrap

On Sunday I was out of the house by 6:30am and on my way to a course in Bondhead. It's a top notch course and our group of 12 negotiated a great rate of $80 including cart. It is basically a links course with a few trees lining some holes but the rough is pretty thick shit and the sand traps are plentiful and deep and very difficult to play out of. Thankfully it was sunny with a bit of a breeze because the deer flies are pretty thick around there.

Check out the hole by hole helicoptor videos of the course.

http://www.theclubatbondhead.com/southholes.html

The good... I didn't lose a single ball or have any penalty strokes.
The bad... I hit about 5 fairways all day.
The ugly... I 3 putted 6 times and only drained 1 outside of 10 feet. (40 putts)

My chipping and approach shots were just shy of brilliant and I managed an 89, which considering my driving and putting was a fantastic score. This was also the first time in 9 months that I have held a club.

I also managed to secure US Open tickets for next year at Bethpage. I took Wed/Thur since I really hate crouds.

I ended up winning a P5 hat somehow... weeeeeeeeee. Not sure what it was, maybe it was a bounty on seal (sealeddeck). I took him out when he opened UTG with AJ and called my UTG+1 10BB shove. I had him covered by a few chips.

I also recently played a couple of the AP allinenergy drink games and won 5 cases of the Johnny Chan sponsored drink. Having not been contacted I finally emailed support and sent proof that I won them. (they are so disorganized) They told me they would be shipping.

GL all.

No comments: