Saturday, January 19, 2008

Annual TLB at VP247

VP247 is a skin of Absolute and is where I played most of my poker over the last two years. I quit there once it was obvious that their execs were as crooked as they come. I have no faith that the culture of greed changed any when they were caught. The 'punishment' did not look at all like a deterrent to me. Their volume didn't appear to suffer. They basically got away with it.

Anyhow my volume managed to put me in the top 20 on their annual TLB list and they had a 5K freeroll for their top 100. 63 players signed up and 63 got paid...lol $18 for signing up.

I managed to make the FT and came in 6th for $225 after calling a UTG players allin with AQ. We both had about 8BB's so I figured I had his range crushed and didn't mind at all taking a race. He turned over KJ off and flopped a K for the win. I really should have abused the weak tighties a little more. My fault for not having a bigger stack. I was in 1st when the FT began, but got chipped away. 1st took over 1K, not bad for a freeroll with 63 players in it.

So now I have $240 on VP, and another $350 on AP. Not sure what to do with it. Thinking about using it to take shots at bigger games since the play there is terrible in comparison with Stars.

1 comment:

Josh said...

im sure you can turn it into a new roll.. im surprised you dont wanna play on AP anymore, the play really is so much worse.

everytime i go on stars, my advantage shrinks handedly.