Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Grinding some more

I am still enjoying the rebuy satellites. I just finished playing 6 of them yesterday. I won a seat in all 6 and I had no extra rebuys in any of the matches. To date on Stars I have won seats 42 of 89 attempts for a payout of $2400 on a buyin of about $1800. I really understand the format and how many chips are required to fold into the seat. I have no problem insta-folding AA, KK preflop or shoving 48 offsuit when the conditions warrant it.

My sng game is improving but I still need to work on the end game (ICM). I plan on buying one of the tools that teach ICM once my subscription to RPT ends. I recently bumped up the number of concurrent tables I play from 2-4 to 6-8 as a trial. At first it seemed daunting but after a few sessions I can once again carry on an MSN conversation, read forums, etc. while playing. I probably miss some reads and also fold some hands I shouldn't. I know for sure I can manage that number of games now and I am looking forward to putting some volume in during Xmas.

No comments: