Monday, April 7, 2008

Hockey is over!



This is my son in his last game on this team. He just scored a goal in the 3rd period to break the other teams shutout.

Not only are the Leafs out again... sigh. My kids are also done their hockey for the season. My 8 year old finished out the season in an out of town tournament going 0-4. They all had a great time as did the parents. We were totally outgunned playing in a 'select' tournament as a house league team. We got to see some of the top players in our age category to really see the gap in talent. My son really played well against tough competition. He's trying to prove to me that he can play a higher level next year and is starting to convince me. An 'A' coach has already approached me to have him play for him but I really don't want him going that route so young unless he is clearly one of the better players on the team. We will see...

It's definitely spring time now and I'm on the hunt for a big score. I played a few more majors on AP as I am having really good luck satelliting in on the cheap. I've yet to make it deep in any of them but if I can keep at it I'm sure my day will come. I think I'll take a month off of sng's on Stars and just concentrate on MTT's.

While I was away this weekend my ID cashed! Maybe I should get others to play for me more often. I made it back to the hotel in time to watch the last hour of the match. It's quite entertaining to sit back and watch yourself play having no idea what cards you have... We agreed on the standard full staking agreement of 70/30 I had no expectations other than hoping the player had fun doing it. Receiving some cash was a definite bonus and keeps my account well funded for future attempts.

...Deal

2 comments:

Joe_Dirt_50 said...

Wow, other then the hockey and watching yourself play this reads like a Freddy James post. I feel that both you and Freddy are on the right track to score some big cash with the mtt strategy. I wish you the best of luck Deal. If only the big show play was the same as the satty play you would have already taken one down. You are totally awesome to watch in the qualifiers bud. Keep up the great work...
jd

Joe_Dirt_50 said...

Wow thanks for adding the pic deal. That is one good looking boy bud. You don't appear proud at all Dad...lol. Could be a Gretzky in the making.

jd